Singer, an assistant commissioner who heads up the Primary Care Information Project in the NYCDHs Division of Health Care Access and Improvement, has been leading an extraordinary population health management initiative, one whose ultimate goals look a lot like what many industry experts believe the healthcare delivery system needs to look more like: that is to say, one in which clinical IT is continuously leveraged to support population health management, care management, and enhanced communications in all directions, including between physicians and public health departments.
What does PCIP stand for?
PCIP stands for Primary Care Information Project (New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PCIP
We have 21 other meanings of PCIP in our Acronym Attic
- Processor Common Input/Output System
- Pacific Council on International Policy
- Panasonic Communications Imaging Corporation of the Philippines (Laguna, Philippines)
- Parameter-Correlated Information Period
- Payment Card Industry Professional
- Pleasants County Industrial Park (St. Marys, WV)
- Poseidon Communications Improvement Program
- Pre-Construction Information Pack (UK)
- Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan
- Primary Care Incentive Payment Program (Medicare; US DHHS)
- Principal Customer Interface Personnel
- Product Cost Improvement Program
- Productivity Capital Investment Program
- Professional Certificate in Programming
- Professional in Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Protected Critical Infrastructure Program (DHS)
- Protection of Children Involved in Prostitution (Canadian law)
- Publishers Cataloging in Publication (book copyright pages)
- President's Critical Infrastructure Protection Board (USA)
- Permanent Committee on Industrial Property Information (World Intellectual Property Organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The New York City (NYC) Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, New York, USA, conducts syndromic surveillance by using emergency department (ED) visits (1 ,2) and electronic health record data from ambulatory clinics in its Primary Care Information Project (3) and the Institute for Family Health (IFH), a network of community health centers (4,5).
Jesse Singer, executive director of development, NYC Health Department Primary Care Information Project.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene's Primary Care Information Project received funding previously to establish prevention- oriented electronic health record system in the offices of 1,500 eligible primary care physicians, including every community health center in the City.
Previously, he served at the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene as Assistant Commissioner for the Primary Care Information Project, where he facilitated the adoption of prevention-oriented health information technology by over 1,500 providers in underserved communities.
Dossia, a leading Personal Health Management System provider, announced the successful launch of a partnership with the Primary Care Information Project (PCIP) of the NYC Health Department and the health ministries of five Brooklyn churches.
Primary Care Information Project Brings Electronic Health Records to 2,800 Physicians Serving More Than Two Million Patients WESTBOROUGH, Mass.
Seamless Workflow Using National Standards Adherence to national standards was a major focus for the project team that developed the new one-click EHR, according to Kate Nixon, Project Manager for the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Primary Care Information Project.