The dismantlement of the international gold standard, temporarily at the outbreak of World War I and permanently in the course of the Great Depression, marked the end of "classical" financial crises: no longer was there a Humean price-specie-flow mechanism to snap back to equilibrium the national monetary systems that had temporarily escaped beyond the mechanism's confines.
What does PSFM stand for?
PSFM stands for Price-Specie-Flow Mechanism (economic trade argument)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PSFM
We have 12 other meanings of PSFM in our Acronym Attic
- Pre-Seed Fund Initiative (Ohio)
- Phoenix Supply Financial Interface System
- Problem Solving for Life (adolescent depression)
- Professional Spring Football League (outdoor football)
- Progressive Silent Film List
- Python Software Foundation License
- Polymer-Stabilized Ferroelectric Liquid Crystal
- Phase Shift Focus Monitor (imaging)
- position-specific frequency matrix
- Power Supply Fan Module (hardware)
- Professional Society of Forensic Mapping (electronic scene documentation)
- Public Sector Finance Management
- Punter Southall Financial Management
- Pakistan Society of Family Physicians
- Passenger Smoke & Fume Protection
- Prairie States Forestry Project (US Forest Service)
- Priority Schools Funding Program (Australia)
- Public Sector Funding Package (UK)
- Puget Sound Family Physicians (Washington)
- Pennsylvania State Foster Parent Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
David Hume (1752) used his price-specie-flow mechanism to demonstrate the impossibility of the mercantilist goal of a permanently favorable trade balance and corresponding persistent specie inflow.