The engineering scope of work for the CANDU-6 pressurized heavy water reactor plant is currently underway and the major site activities are anticipated to be implemented in 2014.
What does PHWR stand for?
PHWR stands for Pressurized Heavy Water (nuclear) Reactor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Pat Harrison Waterway District (Mississippi)
- Praise Him with Dance (Kennesaw, GA)
- Pressurized Hot Water Extraction
- Population Health Working Group (US Air Force Medical Service)
- Prague Historical Wargaming Group (Czech Republic)
- Public Health Working Group (Canada)
- Partnership for Healthy Weight Management
- Padas Hevea Wood Products (Malaysia)
- Polarographic Half-Wave Potential
- Public Health Working Party (European Union)
- Prairie Hill Waldorf School (Pewaukee, WI)
- Professional Home Warranty Service
- Public Health and Welfare Sectoral Bargaining Council (New Zealand)
- Palmer Hargreaves Wallis Tomlinson (marketing communications agency)
- Partial Hepatectomy (hepatology)
- Patient History
- Phoenix, AZ, USA - Sky Harbor International Airport (Airport Code)
- Premier Healthcare Exchange (Bedminster, NJ)
- Primary Heat Exchanger
- Pulmonary Histiocytosis X
Samples in periodicals archive:
India's nuclear energy program has been unique as it relies mostly on home grown technology and today the Department of Atomic Energy makes its own 700 MW Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors, while a smaller 220 MW reactor is being offered for export to countries who may seek the technology.
With a capacity of 1 million kilowatts, the Shin Wolsong 1 is a pressurized heavy water reactor based on Canadian technology.
Canada's 20 operating nuclear power plants are based on pressurized heavy water reactor technology.
He expressed confidence that country's capability to independently build small sized Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors (PHWRs) will have a considerable demand in the future, especially from the developing countries.
China currently has 13 operational nuclear power reactors, which are of Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) and Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR) types.
The current operating commercial nuclear reactors in the country are of Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) and Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR) types.
The country has 20 operating nuclear reactors which are of Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor (PHWR) and Boiling Water Reactor (BWR) type.