railroad industry's contract negotiations moved forward yesterday as three unions ratified new agreements, which include recommendations from the Presidential Emergency Board.
What does PEB stand for?
PEB stands for Presidential Emergency Board
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PEB
We have 78 other meanings of PEB in our Acronym Attic
- Performance Evaluation Board
- Personal Electronic Ballot
- Physical Evaluation Board (US DoD)
- Plan d'Exposition aux Bruit (French: Noise Exposure Plan)
- Plus Expressways Berhad (Malaysia)
- Polish:Elite:Board (discussion forum)
- Post Exposure Bake
- Power Equivalent Bandwidth (telecommunications)
- Pre-Engineered Building
- Pre-Expended Bin
- Prêts Entre Bibliothèques
- Price Evaluation Board (US DoD)
- Pro-Environmental Behavior (sociology)
- Process Environment Block (windows structure)
- Procurement Executive Board (UK)
- Professional Engineers Board (Singapore)
- Propulsion Examining Board
- Provider Edge Bridge
- Piano Eliminazione Barriere Architettoniche (Italian: Plan of Removing Architectural Barriers to Public Buildings; Brescia, Italy)
- Pinoy Expats/OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker) Blog Awards
Samples in periodicals archive:
Unless the parties voluntarily settle their dispute in the thirty-day cooling-off period that begins today, or a Presidential Emergency Board is established by President Obama, the parties will be free to resort to nonviolent self-help in support of their respective bargaining positions commencing at 12:01 a.
June 8, 1960: WASHINGTON -- A presidential emergency board today recommended a 5-cent hourly wage increase for 650,000 railroad workers who have threatened strikes against almost every American railroad.
While the Railway Labor Act permits self-help by both parties, in a significant Chapter 11 proceeding such as AMR's reorganization, it is conceivable that the White House would appoint a Presidential Emergency Board (PEB) before the end of the cooling-off period to prevent disruption to interstate commerce," Bates said.
Three weeks of a cooling-off period remain after a Presidential Emergency Board intervened in a dispute between freight railroads and several labor unions.
22 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is a statement by the White House Press Secretary: The President received the report and recommendations of the Presidential Emergency Board appointed to investigate a dispute between Metro-North Railroad and the Transportation Communications International Union; Transport Workers Union of America; Sheet Metal Workers' International Association, International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers; International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers; Service Employees International Union -- National Conference of Firemen & Oilers; International Brotherhood of Teamsters; and Transportation Communications International Union -- American Railway & Airways Supervisors Association.
The airline said it believes that the presidential emergency board provides a critical platform for the parties to reach resolution.
In his action Saturday morning, Clinton imposed arbitration by establishing a Presidential Emergency Board, which will have 30 days to hammer out a settlement plan.