Jim James with John Oates, Zigaboo Modeliste (of the Meters), Preservation Hall Jazz Band and more TBA
What does PHJB stand for?
PHJB stands for Preservation Hall Jazz Band
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Public Health Intelligence Unit (National Health Service; UK)
- Prime Holdings and Investments, Inc. (New York, NY)
- Philippine Institute of Vulcanology and Seismology
- Provincial Health Indicators Work Group (Canada)
- Public Health Information Working Group (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare)
- Public Health Information Exchange
- Paint Horse Journal (American Paint Horse Association)
- People's Hope Japan (est. 1977)
- Petersen's Hydraulic Jack, Inc. (Tomahawk, WI)
- Piedmont Hunter Jumper Association (Charlotte, NC)
- Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ (religious order)
- Psycho Homicidal Jungle Cat (band)
- Prairie Habitat Joint Venture (Canada)
- Public Health Jobs Worldwide (Carlyle Corporation; Charlottesville, VA)
- Partners for Healthy Kids (est. 1994)
- Pemutusan Hubungan Kerja (Indonesian: layoff or termination of employment)
- Personal Hygiene Kit
- Pink Honor Key (International Order of DeMolay)
- Poul-Henning Kamp (Danish web developer)
- Presbyterian Hospital of Kaufman (Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Preservation Hall Jazz Band: "50th Anniversary Collection" (Columbia/Legacy Records) The four discs here provide a great retrospective of the first 50-years of one of New Orleans' great institutions, the Preservation Hall Jazz Band.
Ma Maison uses music by the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, which, like McIntyre, updates a classical vocabulary for a contemporary audience.
Toussaint will be playing solo in Coventry, but also hopefully mixing juices with The Preservation Hall Jazz Band.
It went very well and of course the Preservation Hall Jazz Band were just as jazzy as they could be.
Artists like Dr John, the Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Randy Newman have recorded new songs with such poignant titles as Cryin' In The Streets for this charity album CAPTION(S): FIVE ALIVE.
Talent for the Preservation Hall Tent includes, Rockie Charles, Ernie Vincent, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Wardell Quezergue' New Orleans Rhythm & Blues Review, Bingo, Marva Wright "Tribute to Mahalia Jackson," Otra, Jon Cleary, Irma Thomas, Big Chief Bo Dollis and The Wild Magnolia Indians.
Dr John and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band will join The Black Keys onstage and Chick Corea, Kenny Garrett and Stanley Clark will perform together in a tribute to legendary jazz pianist and composer Dave Brubeck.