Ennis Whitehead, commander of Continental Air Command, warmed to the idea that the program would definitely help establish day-to-day continuity at reserve locations during the weeks that the part-time reserve force was not present for duty.
What does PDY stand for?
PDY stands for Present for Duty
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PDY
We have 5 other meanings of PDY in our Acronym Attic
- Product Data Exchange (file name extension; XML technology)
- Product Definition Exchange
- Professional Development Exchange (various organizations)
- Pancreatic and Duodenal HomeoboX Gene 1
- Peripheral Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (bone density test)
- Peripheral Dual X-Ray Absorptiometry (densitometry)
- Process Data Exchange Institute
- Paderborn Dolphins Youth (football team in Paderborn, Germany)
- Pike-Delta-York (school district; Ohio)
- Positive Direction for Youth (faith-based youth conference)
- President's Dissertation Year (education)
- Principal Duty
- Professional Development Year
- Paul Dojack Youth Centre (Regina, Saskatchwean, Canada)
- Port Dalrymple Yacht Club (Australia)
- Pesadillas, Delirios y Locuras (Spanish: Delusions, Nightmares, and Madness; blog)
- Purpose Driven Youth Ministry
- Penang Diocesan Youth Network (Malaysia)
- Please do Your Own Research
- Physics Department, Yarmouk University (Jordan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The aggregate strength was 106 enlisted men and one officer, but only 84 were present for duty.
74) Proof of Title 32 status can be derived from a copy of the unit training calendar for the time period in question, a certification by the member's commander that they were present for duty during the UTA or a copy of the pay documents, if available, showing the member was paid for the drill.
What should impress the reader is the professional growth of a group of Army officers who were ready and present for duty when needed at the highest levels of government.
All contracts of employment state, infer or imply that staff must be present for duty in a fit state and remain in such a state whilst on duty".
It's people present for duty everyday" in places like Korea, the Sinai, Europe "wherever the United States' interests are threatened.