Moreover, a new study examining millions of 2010 Medicare prescription drug event data found that local pharmacies provide 90-day supplies of prescription drugs at lower overall cost than mail order pharmacies and that community pharmacists were more effective than mail order in promoting the appropriate use of lower-cost generic drugs.
What does PDE stand for?
PDE stands for Prescription Drug Event
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PDE
We have 144 other meanings of PDE in our Acronym Attic
- Plataforma en Defensa de l'Ebre (Catalan: Platform for the Defence of the River Ebre)
- Plataforma en Defensa del Ebro (Spanish: Platform for the Defence of the River Ebre)
- Plug-In Development Environment
- Portable Electronic Device
- Position Determining Entity
- Potential Daily Exposure
- Predictive Density Estimation
- Preliminary Data Element
- Preliminary Determination of Epicenter(s) (USGS)
- Present-Day English
- Primark Decision Economics
- Primary Designated Engineer
- Primary Developmental Education (US Air Force)
- Print Data Exchange (Japan)
- Probability Density Estimation (physics)
- Process Development Engineer
- Processing Development Environment (software)
- Product Data Exchange
- Product Design Engineer
Samples in periodicals archive:
And 34% of Part D plans--covering nearly half of Part D enrollees--did not submit prescription drug event data to CMS in the required time frames.
Cynthia Tucker, director of CMS' Medicare Drug Benefit Group, said the reporting requirements were changed because without prescription drug event (PDE) data, it is difficult to tell how many beneficiaries have reached the coverage gap, according to Medicare Part D Compliance News.
This combination of data and industry expertise will deliver a full array of new services to plans including: -- Medicare Part D financial and plan management audits -- Prescription Drug Event (PDE) financial reconciliation -- Fraud, Waste and Abuse oversight -- Pharmacy Benefits Management Request for Proposal (PBM RFP) evaluation and guidance -- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) bid submission tools and data applications "The complexities of pharmacy benefits are captured by the complex pricing and management of this benefit," says Greg Rucinski, TRICAST President & CEO.