The regulation of goods into prescribed quantities dates back to the signing of the Magna Carta in 1215 which decreed that "there shall be but one measure of wine throughout the realm".
What does PQD stand for?
PQD stands for Prescribed Quantities (Ranges) Directive
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PQD
We have 7 other meanings of PQD in our Acronym Attic
- Période de Questions Dirigées (French)
- Personal Qualification Data
- Pet Quality Dog (dog breeding)
- Philosophical Question of the Day (blog)
- Photoluminescence Quenching Device
- Police Quartering Division (Hong Kong)
- Power Quality Devices
- Power Quality Directive
- Power Quality Disturbance/Distortion
- Presse Quotidienne Départementale (French)
- Programa de Qualidade em Dosimetria (Portugese)
- Programa de Qualificação de Docentes (Portugese)
- Programme de la Qualification à la Direction d'école (French)
- Project Quality Design
- Pulsed-Q Dissociation
- Partido Quisqueyano Democrata Cristiano (political party; Dominican Republic)
- Programme Québécois de Dépistage du Cancer du Sein
- Power Quest Drive Image (software)
- Power Quality Data Interchange Format (IEEE Standard P1159.3)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Adding this challenge to other NPD considerations of compositional standards, prescribed quantities for packaging and potential contaminants in the ingredients, gives a comprehensive regulatory assessment to overcome.
The European Commission has proposed scrapping the prescribed quantities regulations, which dictate the sizes of packs that some types of food, including milk, butter and bread, can be sold in.