As the club's face of the Premier League Reading Stars scheme, Mike shared his experiences of school, his favourite authors and life at St James' Park with the pupils.
What does PLRS stand for?
PLRS stands for Premier League Reading Stars (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PLRS
We have 5 other meanings of PLRS in our Acronym Attic
- Private-Label Reseller Program
- Public Lending Right Program (Canada)
- Pancreatic Lipase-Related Protein 1
- Pancreatic Lipase-Related Protein 2
- Personnel Loss Rate Planning Factors
- Polymorphic Leucine-Rich Repeat (protein)
- Product Liability Risk Retention Act (statute regarding product liability insurance)
- Passive Laser Restraint System (Knight Rider/KITT)
- Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery (medical code)
- Position Location Reporting System
- Position Location and Reporting System/Tactical Information Distribution Systems
- Partito Liberale Radicale Ticinese (Italian: Ticinese Radical Liberal Party)
- Past Life Regression Therapy (hypnotherapy)
- Penata Laksana Rumah Tangga (Indonesian: Organized Household Laksana; domestic workers)
- Programming Languages for Real-Time Industrial Applications (conference)
- Potato Leaf Roll Virus
- Periodic Loaded Rectangular Waveguide
- Pocono Lehigh Romance Writers (Pennsylvania)
- Pacific Language School (Tokyo, Japan)
- Pacific Laser Systems (San Rafael, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Riverside Housing has kindly agreed to support the Premier League Reading Stars initiative at Bedford Primary School, in Bootle, with an award from their Community Chest funds.
Last week I was honoured to meet the Duchess of Cornwall, patron of the National Literacy Trust, and 100 schoolchildren to launch the Premier League Reading Stars programme.
Premier League Reading Stars Premier League Reading Stars (PLRS) is aimed at children and parents who love football, but may not feel the same way about reading.
In a list compiled last year by Premier League Reading Stars, a scheme set up by the National Literacy Trust, Jens Lehman picked The Kite Runner as his favourite book; Man City's Nedum Onuoha picked Lance Armstrong's memoir It's Not About the Bike, and Wayne Bridge chose Horrid Henry and the Football Fiend.
The campaign, Premier League Reading Stars, involves leading footballers such as David James, who have nominated their favourite book to create a list of top reads.
The Aston Villa, Birmingham City and West Bromwich Albion stars joined the Premier League Reading Stars project, which involved one player from each of the 20 top-flight clubs nominating their favourite read.
Premier League Reading Stars gets a footballer from each of the 20 Premier League clubs in England to nominate his favourite book.