94) Employers also assumed, however, that the fact that women would recover some portion of their salary during pregnancy disability leave would encourage them to abuse the benefit.
What does PDL stand for?
PDL stands for Pregnancy Disability Leave
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PDL
We have 186 other meanings of PDL in our Acronym Attic
- Portable Data Loader (aeronautics)
- Portable Data Logger
- Position Description Library
- Positioning Data Link (GPS)
- Post Deployment Leave
- Poundal (unit of force in the foot-pound-second system)
- Power Divider Lock
- Power Door Locks
- Pre-Distortion Linearization
- Preferred Drug List
- Preliminary Design Language
- Premier Development League (North American Soccer)
- Premier Development League (sports)
- Prescription Drug List (US FDA)
- Price to Be Determined Later
- Primary Distribution List
- Printer Description Language
- Process Definition Language
- Process Design Language
- Professional Development Leave
Samples in periodicals archive:
OFLA allows 12 additional weeks of leave for women who take pregnancy disability leave, and further allows parents who use all 12 weeks of leave to bond with
Some firms compensate women for the actual "period of pregnancy disability," defining the length of the pregnancy disability leave in the same way that disability leave for heart attacks or skiing accidents are defined--the actual period during which the attorney is unable to work.
It is true that both the Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA) and the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) require employers to allow employees time off for pregnancy disability leave.
The Oregon law allows an additional 12 weeks of leave for a woman who uses pregnancy disability leave, so your employee could also choose, for example, to take an extra 12 weeks off for parental leave after the birth of her baby.
Employers with 25 or more employees in Oregon are covered by OFLA and must grant up to 12 weeks of pregnancy disability leave to employees who are eligible.
Under OFLA, which applies to companies with 25 or more employees in Oregon, an employee who uses pregnancy disability leave may use 12 additional weeks of OFLA leave in the same leave year.
In fact, under the Oregon Family Leave Act, a woman who uses pregnancy disability leave is entitled to 12 additional weeks of OFLA leave in the same leave year, which could be taken for parental leave or another qualifying event, such as the serious health condition of a family member.