The top recommendation from a 2004 international scan tour on prefabricated bridge elements and systems was adoption of self-propelled modular transporters (SPMTs) for use in moving bridges and bridge components.
What does PBES stand for?
PBES stands for Prefabricated Bridge Elements and Systems (US DOT)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PBES
We have 1 other meaning of PBES in our Acronym Attic
- Photonic Band-Edge Laser
- Play By E-Mail
- Probable Balkan Endemic Nephropathy
- Professional Baseball Employment Opportunities (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Pine Baron Enduro Riders (Motorcyclists)
- Pseudo-Bit Error Rate
- Pensacola Beach Elementary School (Gulf Breeze, FL)
- Performance Based Evaluation System (various)
- Piney Branch Elementary School (Maryland)
- Pompano Beach Elementary School (Florida)
- Program and Budget Enterprise Service (US DoD)
- Provincial Business Environment Scorecard (partnership; Cambodia)
- Participatory Budgeting and Expenditure Tracking (poverty reduction; Indonesia)
- Performance-Based Equipment Training
- Philippine Board Examination for Teachers
- Physiologically Based Extraction Test
- Post-Basic Education and Training
- Production Based Education Training (various organizations)
- Professional Board Examination for Teachers (Philippines)
- Performance Based Earned Value
Samples in periodicals archive:
Likewise, prefabricated bridge elements and systems are being used across the country, with more States becoming involved all the time.
For more information, see the FHWA report Framework for Prefabricated Bridge Elements and Systems (PBES) Decision-Making, available online at www.