](abiraterone acetate) plus prednisone continued to provide statistically significant improvements in disease progression compared to placebo plus prednisone, and longer overall survival in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
What does Pred stand for?
Pred stands for Prednisone
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Pred
We have 3 other meanings of Pred in our Acronym Attic
- Preliminary Communications Search (US DoD)
- Precommissioning Detail
- Processing Emissions by Cloud and Precipitation
- Puerto Rico Electronic Commerce Society (San Juan, PR)
- Panchayati Raj Engineering Department (National Informatics Centre; India)
- Phytophthora Ramorum Educate to Detect (tree disease program; USDA)
- Planning, Research, and Evaluation Division (US Census Bureau)
- Poverty Reduction and Economic Development (Serbia; UN Development Programme; est. 2008)
- Predetermined Premium (insurance)
- Peace Region Economic Development Alliance (Canada)
- People's Recovery, Empowerment, and Development Assistance Foundation (Philippines)
- Prevent and Rehabilitate Drug Abusers (est. 1974; Philippines)
- Prilep Region Enterprise Development Agency (Macedonia)
- Payson Regional Economic Development Corporation (Payson, AZ)
- Prince Rupert Economic Development Commission (Canada)
- Adaptive and Predictive Control with Physical Constraints
- Patient Refined Expectations for Deciding Invasive Cardiac Treatments (Web-based program)
- Pediatric Randomized Early Vs. Deferred Initiation in Cambodia and Thailand (US NIH)
- Plate-Forme de Recherche et d'Expérimentation pour le Développement de l'Information Multimodale (French: Platform Research and Experimental Development of Multimodal Information)
Samples in periodicals archive:
My patient is a 62-year-old pleasant woman who has been on prednisone at high dosages for years for her polymyalgia rheumatica.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Priority Review to the supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) for ZYTIGAA (abiraterone acetate) administered in combination with prednisone for the treatment of patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) who are asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic after failure of androgen deprivation therapy.
The product launch comes a month after the company gained approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the use of Jevtana in combination with prednisone for the treatment of metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer (mHRPC) patients who were previously treated with a Taxotere (docetaxel)-containing treatment regimen.
Joseph's Healthcare found that patients, who required a lot of medication like prednisone to control their disease, could benefit from the injections.
Those given standard therapy of the drugs melphalan and prednisone plus thalidomide survived an average of 51.
Derek Raghavan, lead author of the paper entitled "Phase II Trial of tesmilifene plus mixantrone and prednisone for Hormone Rrefractory Prostate Cancer: High Subjective and Objective Response in Patients with Symptomatic Metastases.
After 12 weeks, he was placed on six cycles of maintenance treatment with 1 mg/kg of melphalan for 10 days and 60 mg of prednisone tapered over 5 days.