Continuous chest compressions was an ongoing emphasis, with the precordial thump now advised only to be undertaken with monitored in-hospital cardiac arrest.
What does PCT stand for?
PCT stands for Precordial Thump
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PCT
We have 371 other meanings of PCT in our Acronym Attic
- Postcoital Test
- Potomac Consolidated TRACON (FAA)
- Praceta (Portuguese: courtyard; postal usage)
- Prayer Changes Things
- Pre Cyclone Tension (edgy, Northern Territory, Australia)
- Pre-Commercial Thin (forestry)
- Pre-Conference Tutorials
- Precinct (election district)
- Preclinical Toxicology (studies of new chemical entities or drugs on animals)
- Predictive Control Technology
- Pressure Controlled Tester
- Pressure Cooker Test
- Pressure Cycling Technology (analytical sample preparation technique)
- Primary Care Trust (UK National Health Service)
- Princeton, IL (Amtrak station code; Princeton, IL)
- Princeton, NJ, USA (airport code)
- Private Communication Technology
- Procalcitonin (peptides)
- Process Change Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
We quickly gave him a precordial thump and Nick started CPR.
6) The clinical consequences of a misdiagnosis are potentially ominous, because the pharmacological interventions and the precordial thumps performed in these patients are superfluous and potentially harmful.