These groups have collaborative agreements and all subscribe to a precautionary approach to fisheries management, managing for maximum sustainable yield, generally referred to as OY, or "optimal yield" incorporating environmental and economic lectors.
What does PAFM stand for?
PAFM stands for Precautionary Approach to Fisheries Management
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PAFM
We have 4 other meanings of PAFM in our Acronym Attic
- Pak-American Fertilizers Ltd. (Pakistan)
- Pamlico Aquaculture Field Laboratory (North Carolina State University)
- Pan-American Federation of Labor (est. 1918; Laredo, TX)
- Pontifical Academy for Life
- Port Augusta Football League (Australia)
- Post A Free Local Ad
- Palo Alto Friends Meeting (Palo Alto, CA)
- Patient Administration and Financial Management (Health Level Seven)
- Petroleum Accounting and Financial Management (journal)
- Power of Attorney for Financial Matters
- Proximal Accessory Flexor Muscle (physiology)
- Pan-African Freedom Movement for East and Central Africa
- Pan-African Freedom Movement of East, Central and South Africa
- Philippine Association of Feed Millers, Inc. (Cubao, Philippines)
- Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal
- Petroleum Accounting and Financial Management Journal (Institute of Petroleum Accounting; University of North Texas)
- Public Assembly Facility Management School (Wheeling, WV)
- Pembroke Area Field Naturalists (Pembroke, Ontario, Canada)
- Puncture Aspiration with a Fine Needle
- Pacific Association of First Nations Women (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
162) Application of a precautionary approach to fisheries management is not, however, a panacea for the deficiency of scientific data.