In your daughter's case, there could be many reasons for a pre-term birth, including being overweight, having gestational diabetes, a placenta that started to fail and raised blood pressure.
What does PTB stand for?
PTB stands for Pre-Term Birth
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PTB
We have 100 other meanings of PTB in our Acronym Attic
- Please Text Back
- Polypyrimidine Tract Binding Protein
- Portadown True Blues
- Portland Trail Blazers
- Portuguese Brazilian (language)
- Position Task Book (wildfire qualification system for firefighters)
- Pounds Per Thousand Barrels
- Power Tab (computer program format)
- Power Turbine Balance
- Powers That Be
- Prevent the Bite (dog bite prevention program)
- Primetime Ballers (Youth Basketball)
- Proclamation to Blue (band)
- Professional, Technical Business (UK)
- Program Time Base
- Project Team Builder (Project Management Institute; software)
- Propensity to Buy
- Protective Technology Branch
- Proto-Tibeto-Burman (languages)
- Psychophysics Toolbox (vision reserach software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
07), pre-term birth (prior to 37 weeks gestation, IRR 2.
LANI ROSE R DIZON DOHA MOST international health journals link pre-term births and miscarriage to late pregnancy.
Across the planet, the five leading causes of deaths among children under five include pneumonia (18%); pre-term birth complications (14%); diarrhoea (11%); birth-related complications (9%) and malaria (7%).
But as the number of children that survive pre-term birth continues to rise, so will the number who experience disability throughout their lives.
Global, national and regional estimates and trends of pre-term birth rates from 1990 to 2010 were assessed from data published or supplied by 184 countries during a WHO consultation.
The Partnership and its partner physicians, hospitals, nurses, and certified nurse midwives have begun quality initiatives to improve the State's poor rates for pre-term birth, primary C-sections, vaginal births after cesarean section (VBAC), and low birth weight infants.
These include lower birth weight, pre-term birth, placental complications and perinatal mortality.