Each week, Keillor combines his brand of dry wit with performances by guest traditional and folk musicians on his acclaimed radio show "A Prairie Home Companion.
What does PHC stand for?
PHC stands for Prairie Home Companion (public radio program)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PHC
We have 201 other meanings of PHC in our Acronym Attic
- Pharmaceutical Chemist (UK)
- Philippine Harvadian College
- Photographic Change
- Photonic Crystal
- Phrack High Council
- Piedmont Health Care (Statesville, NC)
- Port Harcourt (Nigeria)
- Portland Habilitation Center (Portland, OH)
- Post-Hardcore (music genre)
- Potentially Hazardous Comet (astrophysics)
- Prater Hater Club
- Premolar aplasia-hyperhidrosis-canities prematura (syndrome)
- Prentice Hall Canada (publishing)
- Pretensioned spun High-strength Concrete pile
- Preventive and Promotional Health Care
- Primary Health Care
- Primary Health Centre (India)
- Primary Home Care
- Principal Hazardous Constituent
- Probable Hydrologic Consequences (mining)
Samples in periodicals archive:
James Taylor and Carole King return to Tanglewood as part of their 2010 Troubadour Reunion tour (July 3, 4, and 5); Garrison Keillor returns for the annual live broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion (June 26); the Mark Morris Dance Group (June 27 and 28); and Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, the BSO's traditional season-ending concert led by Kurt Masur (August 29).
Byline: TOM SHARPE Center one of 500 theaters airing popular public radio variety show By Tom Sharpe The New Mexican You can watch A Prairie Home Companion in St.
The Mean Girls star allegedly became obsessed with the 28-year-old actor at a party for the premiere on her Prairie Home Companion film in June.
The actress, whose screen credits include Mean Girls, Bobby, A Prairie Home Companion and Freaky Friday, recently had surgery to remove her appendix.
A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION Directed by Robert Altman (PictureHouse, 2006) Good Night, and Good Luck (Warner Independent) took us back to the early days of television with a morality tale about the duties of a free press--not merely to entertain and distract, but also to inform, educate, and question.
Sewell recruited fellow Minnesotan Keillor to collaborate on his recent dance-theater concoction, Guy Noir: The Ballet, featuring a recurring private eye character on Keillor's radio show, A Prairie Home Companion.
Garrison Keillor, the creator and host for 30 years of the PBS radio show A Prairie Home Companion, is our featured speaker.