PDUs and the PDRP Practice development units (PDUs) were developed in nursing in which academic and practice partnerships have collaborated to improve professional practice and patient care through research and theory that is sensitive to issues that practitioners have identified in practice (McCormack and Garbett, 2003).
What does PDU stand for?
PDU stands for Practice Development Unit (hospitals)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PDU
We have 95 other meanings of PDU in our Acronym Attic
- Pentagon Dining Unit (LSU)
- Peripheral Data Unit
- Pesticide Dispersal Unit
- Philippine Digital Upgrade
- Photographic Development Unit (RAF)
- Pilot Display Unit
- Plan de Déplacements Urbain (French)
- Pokemon Digimon United
- Power Distribution Unit
- Power Drive Unit (F-16 leading edge flap hydraulic motor)
- Pre Diagnostic Unit
- Premises Distribution Upgrade
- Problematic Drug User
- Process Development Unit
- Product Development Unit
- Professional Development Unit(s) (similiar to Continuing Education Units)
- Program Decision Unit
- Programmable Display Unit
- Project Delivery Unit (various agencies)
- Propwash Deflection Unit (boat device)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Calderdale Royal Hospital's stroke and rehabilitation unit - wards 6D and 7A, B, C, and D - has retained its prestigious recognition as a practice development unit, awarded by Leeds University.
The team won the Practice Development Unit status from Edge Hill university in Ormskirk.
The experiences of one practice development unit within a community public health nought-to-19 team will be discussed within this paper, in relation to two issues that are relevant to the new reforms: * Applying evidence into practice * Staff motivation to innovate.
The unit has been receiving the high acclaim from Leeds University's practice development unit (PDU).