Among the Cherokee's groundbreaking features: * Jeep Active Drive I with one-speed power transfer unit (PTU) * Jeep Active Drive II with two-speed PTU and low range * Jeep Active Drive Lock with two-speed PTU, low range and locking rear differential * New Jeep Selec-Terrain traction control system with up to five customized modes - Auto, Snow, Sport, Sand/Mud and Rock * Best-in-class V-6 towing capability - 4,500 pounds * Jeep Trail Rated capability * Up to a 56:1 crawl ratio, a 90-percent improvement versus the outgoing model * Vastly improved fuel economy - up to 31 mpg * First SUV with nine-speed automatic transmission * Industry-first rear-axle disconnect resulting in reduced energy loss when 4x4 capability isn't needed; improving fuel efficiency * 2.
What does PTU stand for?
PTU stands for Power Transfer Unit (aircraft hydraulic backup system)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PTU
We have 47 other meanings of PTU in our Acronym Attic
- Paroxysmal Tonic Upgaze (neuro-ophthalmological syndrome)
- Participación de los Trabajadores en las Utilidades (Spanish: Employee Participation in Earnings)
- Participating Test Unit
- Périmètre de Transport Urbain (French: Urban Transportation Perimeter)
- Physical Training Uniform
- Police Tactical Unit (Hong Kong)
- Polskie Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeñ (Polish Value Added Tax)
- Port Transducer Unit
- Portable Terminal Unit
- Portable Test Unit
- Prise de Terrain en U (aeronautics)
- Process Technology Utilization
- Propylene Thiourea (chemical)
- Providence Teachers Union
- Punjab Technical University (India)
- Pyay Technological University (Myanmar)
- Public Transport Users Association (Victoria, Australia)
- Participating Test Unit Coordinator
- Public Transport Users' Committee (Scotland, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The core business of Getrag Driveline Products is the tier one supply of geared driveline products - power transfer units and rear drive units.
The core business of Getrag Driveline Products is the Tier 1 supply of geared driveline products, namely Power Transfer Units (PTU) and Rear Drive Units (RDU) for AWD vehicles, along with Final Drive Units (FDU) for high performance rear wheel drive vehicles.
If the goal is to piggy-back some form of part-time or full-time AWD onto an existing car platform, this may tick the box for a power transfer unit.
which produces rear axle units (also referred to as rear drive units, or RDUs) and power take-off units (also referred to as power transfer units, or PTUs) and timing gears for light vehicles.
In addition to transmission differentials, GKN Driveline is developing three all wheel drive (AWD) power transfer unit (PTU) applications which will enter production in 2009 for Chinese and Asian vehicle manufacturers.
GKN Driveline Torque Technology will manufacture a range of geared components at Kangqiao, from differentials to final drive units, power transfer units and advanced torque management devices as market demand for these products matures.
com/prnh/20101004/DE75892LOGO ) The core business of Getrag Driveline Products is the Tier 1 supply of geared driveline products, namely Power Transfer Units (PTU) and Rear Drive Units (RDU) for AWD vehicles, along with Final Drive Units (FDU) for high performance rear wheel drive vehicles.