Most industries in the region have become extinct due to poor power supply by the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, and hence building a model combined power plant such as this one in Aba was not only a good business initiative, but also a key step to save the economy of the South East region from total downfall.
What does PHCN stand for?
PHCN stands for Power Holding Company of Nigeria
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PHCN
We have 1 other meaning of PHCN in our Acronym Attic
- Professional Health Care at Home
- Park Heights Community Health Alliance (Baltimore, MD)
- Port Hope Community Health Concerns Committee (Ontario, Canada)
- Paint Horse Club Italia (Italian equestrian club)
- Philippine Humanitarian Contingent to Iraq
- Primary Health Care Initiatives
- Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Information Bureau (Glen Ellyn, Illinois)
- Master Chief Photographer's Mate (Naval Rating)
- Public Health and Community Medicine (various universities)
- Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Manufacturers Club (Minnesota Association of Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors; Brooklyn Center, MN)
- Preferred Health Care Network (health insurance)
- Primary Health Care Network
- Primary Health Care Nursing
- Philippine Heart Center Nursing Alumni Society
- Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioners
- Public Health Community Nutrition Practice Group (American Dietetic Association)
- Public/Community Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Pacific Health Care Organization, Inc. (Medex Healthcare, Inc.)
- Partially Hydrogenated Canola Oil
- Physician Hospital Community Organization (Spokane, WA; est. 1994)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some analysts believe the National Council of Privatisation (NCP), the apex body in charge of privatisation matters, was quite professional in its handling of the matter, which they noted was the result of the technical evaluation it carried out for the 25 bids for the six generation companies created from the unbundling of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).
Two main agreements were signed between companies including Royal Dutch Shell, Total, Chevron and Agip with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).
Entrepreneurs in Aba will be ensured by the plant and environs can produce goods at full capacity and at a reduced cost and it will be commissioned at the end of the year he said I m aware that there are well over 60,000 shoe makers in Aba but they have challenges of producing at full capacity because of irregular supply of electricity, adding that as soon as the new plant is commissioned , Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) would switch off in the area because the new plant will be able to generate sustainable electricity for 365 days yearly.
Beside these two recent visits, which reflect the growing level of confidence that foreign investors have in the ongoing reforms in Nigeria's energy sector in particular, dozens of companies from other countries have declared their intention to invest in the power sector due to the huge opportunities that the privatisation of the nation's electricity body, the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), has thrown up for investors.
Power supply is now 3,330 megawatts and we hope to increase it to 3,500 megawatts by next week," Efuru Igbo of the state-run Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) told AFP.
300-500 millions of gas will be made available under the emergency period and will be dedicated to the NIPP power plants, this assurances is given by Power Holding Company of Nigeria.
During his first tenure, Nnaji had tried to usher in reforms in the crucial electricity sector, but these were met with stout resistance by workers of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).