Using the fresh funds, Tesla will develop a ''powertrain system, including a battery, power electronics module, motor, gearbox and associated software'' for the electric version of the RAV4, according to the company based in Palo Alto, California.
What does PEM stand for?
PEM stands for Power Electronics Module
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PEM
We have 204 other meanings of PEM in our Acronym Attic
- Plesk Enterprise Manager (Plesk)
- Policy Enforcement Manager
- Polymer Electrolyte Membrane
- Polymorphic Epithelial Mucin
- Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine
- Port Expansion Module
- Position Entry Module
- Potentially Explosive Material
- Power & Environment Monitor
- Power Engineering & Manufacturing (Waterloo, IA)
- Power Entry Module
- Power Equipment Maintenance (Piedmont, SC)
- Practical Environmental Management (various organizations)
- Pre-Examination Meeting (UK)
- Prefesorado en Enseñanza Media (Spanish: Professor in Secondary Education; Guatemala)
- Preliminary Engineering Model
- Pressure Equalizing Module
- Privacy-Enhanced Mail (key encryption services for email)
- Process Execution Module
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the United States-based automaker, it is to develop a system that includes a battery, power electronics module, motor, gearbox and associated software, but it will not be producing any of the parts for the Japan-based automaker.
In addition, TAIYO YUDEN manufactures Bluetooth modules, power electronics modules and recordable optical media (CD-R, DVD-R) and is the leader with approximately 50 percent of the worldwide market in high-frequency multilayer chip inductors used in cell phones.
Ballard Power Systems' Dearborn, Michigan facility is working to design, procure, build and deploy the primary power electronics module for the AM2GPS.
It continues to produce industry leading components including semiconductors, engine and transmission control modules, crash sensing and diagnostics modules, pressure sensors for engine management and occupant detection, body computer modules and power electronics modules primarily for the automotive industry.
According to a study carried out by IMS, a leading British Market Research Institute, Semikron is the market leader in the field of power electronics modules, enjoying a 27% share of the European market.
The generator system used in the FED vehicle is an in-line ISG 28 VDC, 30kW liquid cooled generator with three 10 kW air cooled power electronics modules, which communicate on J1939 software protocol.
The company has successfully enabled one of China's leading power electronics module companies to stay ahead of pending environmental laws affecting the global electronics industry.