Potato virus Y (PVY) the type member of the genus potyvirus, belong to the largest plant virus family Potyviridae [12,31] one of the most wide distributed and the most important viruses infected potato and some other species in the family Solanaceae [12,16,32].
What does PVY stand for?
PVY stands for Potato Virus Y
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PVY
- Porcine Von Willebrand Factor (platelet experimentation)
- Pursuing Victory With Honor
- Periventricular White Matter area/disease (brain disorder)
- Prairie View Watchcare Ministry (Prairie View, TX)
- Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency
- Planned Value of Work Scheduled
- Pacific Video West Teleproductions (Irvine, CA)
- PIPE (Public Internet Peering Exchange) VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) Exchange (Australia)
- Plasma Volume Expansion
- Potato Virus X
- Presion Venosa Yugular (Spanish: Jugular Venous Pressure )
- potato virus Y ordinary strain
- Prairie Village Yacht Club (Kansas)
- Potato Virus Y Necrotic
- Potomac Valley Youth Orchestra (Potomac, Md)
- Paper Valley Youth Soccer Club (Neenah, WI)
- Positive Vibrations Youth Steel Orchestra (Maryland)
- Painesville, Ohio (Airport Code)
- Partij voor Zeeland (Dutch: Party for Zeeland; Netherlands)
- Plants versus Zombies (online game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Consider what happened with the golden nematode, Globodera rostochiensis, and potato virus Y (PVY), two especially persistent scourges of potato.
Materials and Methods Virus isolates: potato leaves from plants showing mottling, leaf necrosis lesions, rugosity, yellowing, and stunting suspected to be of Potato virus Y (PVY) infection were collected from potato fields in Abu-Ghraib area (West of Baghdad).