Cancer patients undergoing surgical procedures have at least twice the risk of postoperative deep-vein thrombosis (DVT) and more than three times the risk of fatal pulmonary embolism (PE) than non-cancer patients undergoing similar procedures.
What does PDVT stand for?
PDVT stands for Postoperative Deep-Vein Thrombosis
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 4 other meanings of PDVT in our Acronym Attic
- Punct de Vedere Neutru (Romanian: Neutral Point of View)
- Pyogenic Discitis and Vertebral Osteomyelitis
- Prebaseline Design Variance Proposal
- Programa Diario Viable Provisional (Spanish: Daily Viable Provisional Program)
- Pervasive Data Volume Reduction
- Portable Digital Video Recorder
- Posterior Dorsal Ventricular Ridge
- Proliferative Diabetic Vitreous Retinopathy (ophthalmology)
- Packet Data Voice Services
- Petróleos de Venezuela (Spanish: Petroleums of Venezuela)
- Package and Deployment Wizard (Visual Basic 6.0 tool)
- Packaged Drinking Water
- Parallel Data Warehouse (Microsoft)
- Passive Death Wish (psychiatry)
- Pennsylvania Department of Welfare
- Per Discussion With
- Personal Data Warehouse
- Personal Defense Weapon
- Personal Development Workshop (various organizations)
- Phosphate Development Works
Samples in periodicals archive:
] Kakkar VV, Howe CT, Flanc C, Clarke MB: Natural history of postoperative deep-vein thrombosis.