Simultaneous combined anterior and posterior lumbar fusion has become an accepted operative procedure for the treatment of patients with disabling low back pain.
What does PLF stand for?
PLF stands for Posterior Lumbar Fusion (spine surgery)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PLF
We have 92 other meanings of PLF in our Acronym Attic
- Payload Fairing (NASA)
- Penguin Liberation Front
- Per Lineal Foot (measurement)
- Perdana Leadership Foundation (Malaysia)
- Perilymphatic Fistula
- Plant Load Factor
- Points of Light Foundation
- Pokelight Forums (online Pokémon community)
- Polarization Loss Factor (antennas)
- Poor Little Fellow
- Pounds per Lineal Foot (stuctural engineering)
- Practice Launch Failure (sailplane)
- Pre Fader Listening (audio technology)
- Predictive Likelihood Function
- Premium Large Format (screens)
- Pretty Little Flower (band)
- Principal Limit Factor (mortgages)
- Prior Level of Function
- Private Label Fund (finance)
- Program Logic Formulation (software verification)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Diamondback[R] pedicle screw system can be used as an adjunct device to supplement posterior lumbar fusion.
Abstract: Minimally invasive transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) offers equivalent postoperative fusion rates compared to posterior lumbar fusion (PLF) and minimizes the amount of iatrogenic injury to the spinal muscles.
The system is designed to encourage the surgeon to utilize an ever more localized and less-invasive surgical approach on posterior lumbar fusion cases.
Surgical cases include carpal tunnel releases, lumbar laminectomies, anterior cervical discectomies, posterior cervical laminectomies, anterior lumbar interbody fusions, and posterior lumbar fusion with mechanical fixation.