Posterior ischemic optic neuropathy after hemodialysis.
What does PION stand for?
PION stands for Posterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (ophthalmology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PION
We have 3 other meanings of PION in our Acronym Attic
- Placid International Oil Ltd. (now Occidental Netherlands, Inc.)
- Plan, Install, Operate, and Maintain
- Pleasure In Other's Misfortune (scale)
- Program for Innovative Operations Management
- Program Integrity and Organizational Management (US Division of HHS)
- Parallel Input Output Management Techniques (computing)
- Pi-Meson (binding of a specific quark-antiquark pair)
- Polycrystalline Iron Oxide Nanocompounds
- Polycrystalline Iron Oxide Nanoparticles
- Primary Idiopathic Optic Neuritis (ophthalmology)
- Paraffins, Isoparaffins, Olefins, Naphthenes, and Aromatics
- Panstwowej Inspekcji Ochrony Orodowiska
- Pinus Oocarpa (ocote chino)
- Programmed Input/Output Operation
- Programma voor Interdisciplinair Onderzoek naar Oorzaken van Mensenrechtenschendingen (Netherlands)
- Pulled It Out Of My Ass
- Paramagnetic Iron Oxide Particle (biochemistry)
- Professional in Ondersteunende Processen (Dutch: Professional Support Processes)
- Professional Industrial Organizational Psychologist Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
We report what we believe to be the first case of posterior ischemic optic neuropathy due to perioperative hypotension in a patient who had a penetrating thoracoabdominal injury with massive hemorrhage, severe hypotension, massive microcapillary circulatory leak, multiple system organ failure, and acute respiratory distress syndrome.