Japan's postal insurance system ''remains a dominant force'' in the nation's insurance market, the 2010 National Trade Estimate report on Foreign Trade Barriers said.
What does QI stand for?
QI stands for Postal Insurance (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of QI
We have 5 other meanings of QI in our Acronym Attic
- Qualified High Technology Business
- Qualified High Technology Company (Washington, DC)
- Queensland Heritage Trails Network (Australia)
- Quantitative High-Throughput Screening (genomics)
- Queensburgh Hindu Temple Society (Durban, South Africa)
- Queensland Homicide Victims Support Group (Australia)
- Quick Hide Windows
- Quartz Hill Water District (Quartz Hill, CA)
- Quality Housing and Work Responsibility Act of 1998
- Quick Hurricane Web Resource Navigator (Caribbean Hurricane Network)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Federation of Life Insurance Worker's Unions issued a petition against the postal reform bill the government has been working on as the state is planning to raise the 13 million yen upper limit on postal insurance payments through legal changes.
Managing director of CashMyGold Justin Prichard said unlike jewellers and pawnbrokers his firm has postal insurance and administration costs to consider.
Under the plan, postal insurance will be abolished in October 2007 or later and handed over to several postal insurance companies which remain to be created, while postal savings accounts for payment purposes will eventually be transferred to a postal savings company, to be created later as a wholly owned arm of Japan Post.
The average rate of annual losses on funds entrusted by the ''kampo'' postal insurance division is 8.
They will multiply the value of premiums at the time of contract by 120, following a similar method adopted by the Japanese government to pay back postal savings and postal insurance premiums to the Taiwanese starting 1995.
These funds, together with an additional [yen] 100 trillion ($800 billion) from postal insurance contracts, are managed by the Ministry of Finance.
13- Daily News POSTAL BOARD APPROVES NEW FEES: People renting post offices boxes, sending certified mail or buying postal insurance will find new services and changed rates starting June 8.