An important aspect is that the beneficial microstructure should be established also by the post-weld heat treatment.
What does PWHT stand for?
PWHT stands for Post-Weld Heat Treatment
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PWHT
- Primary War Headquarters (UK)
- Part Walking Horse Registry
- Parkway West High School
- Parrs Wood High School (Manchester, England)
- Plymouth Whitemarsh High School (Plymouth Meeting, PA)
- Portsmouth West High School (Ohio)
- Prayer Warriors of the Holy Souls (Catholic apostolate)
- Prince William Health System (Manassas, Virginia)
- Plan Write for Hi-Tech Marketing (software)
- Public Works, Highway and Transportation (Wisconsin)
- Pennsylvania Wildlife Habitat Unlimited (DuBois)
- EO Paton Electric Welding Institute (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Pacific WebWorks, Inc. (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Pacific Wellness Institute (Toronto, ON, Canada)
- Paid When Incurred
- Panhandle Windstorm Inspections (Tallahassee, FL)
- Parenting with Intention
- Partnerships with Industry (San Diego, CA)
- Penson Worldwide, Inc. (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 7025-T6 Al alloy, like other HAS alloys, experiences HAZ softening but can be restored by post-weld heat treatment.
However, welding of P91 and T91 alloy requires a precise heat control during welding and subsequent post-weld heat treatment (PWHT), and the welds between dissimilar metals should be minimized and if it is absolutely necessary it must be very carefully designed.
As part of its expansion, MIS Arabia recently commissioned additional large size post-weld heat treatment furnace, which was 9 m high, 8.
The new Excalibur stick electrodes are specifically designed for all-position welding of low-alloy steels and are capable of exceeding AWS minimum-strength requirements after long term post-weld heat treatment.
As part of the expansion, MIS Arabia recently commissioned additional large size post-weld heat treatment furnace with 9 m height, 8.
Bid bond: QR40,000, Fee: QR200 Details: Qatar Petroleum, Contracts Depart-ment, Corporate Division, PO Box 3212, Royal Plaza, G Wing, 4th Floor, Room G11, Doha, Qatar Tel: + +974 4774324 Closing date: May 24 Post-weld heat treatment Tender no: GT09105900 Description: Post-weld heat treatment on call-off basis for QP facilities.