The regional offices of the Department of Agriculture (DA) will implement the project at the field, with PhilMech providing the technical assistance through the provision of post-harvest technology and training of the farmer organizations that will operate, manage and maintain the rice centers.
What does PHT stand for?
PHT stands for Post-Harvest Technology
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PHT
We have 55 other meanings of PHT in our Acronym Attic
- Pattern History Table
- Peace, Harmony & Tranquility
- Peak Hour Traffic (various locations)
- Performance Health Technologies Inc.
- Petrol Hedge Trimmer (gardening tool)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phenytoin (antiepileptic, Dilantin)
- Philippine Time (time zone; aka Philippine Standard Time; also seen as PST)
- Physician Heal Thyself (various locations)
- Potomac Heritage Trail (est. 1983)
- Preliminary Hearing Transcript (law)
- Pressure Half Time
- Primary Heat Transport (nuclear power plants)
- Prisoner Handling Team (UK)
- Pro Hockey Talk (NBC Sports)
- Professional Horse Trainer (certification)
- Pseudo-Hadamard Transform (Twofish, SAFER)
- Public Health Team
- Public Health Trust (Miami-Dade County, Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Topics include water quality and environmental impacts, life cycles and growth, genetics, nutrition, post-harvest technology and processing, economics and marketing, diseases and prevention, and the great variety of algae and microalgae and species of fish, from salmon to mollusks that are harvested.
Linus Opara, South African research Chair in post-harvest technology at Stellenbosch University and Co-Chair of the workshop, said SQU and Stellenbosch University have taken the lead to make this programme a reality .
Co-operation covers botanical sciences, agriculture, biotechnology, post-harvest technology, cattle rearing, fisheries, organic agriculture, aquaculture, development of coastal areas, deep sea fishing and management of irrigation and water resources for five years.
Their topics include the legal situation of German chamomile, plant sources, active chemical constituents of Matricaris chamomilla, cultivation, abiotic and biotic stress affecting the common chamomile, raw plant material and post-harvest technology, storage of the dry drug, chemical analysis of the active principles, pharmacology and toxicology, and traditional use and therapeutic indications.
In many countries, large parts of crops are lost because of insufficient post-harvest technology and the absence of a reliable cold chain.
He is project director for international programs in post-harvest technology and food process engineering.
Taking place at the same time is Grain 2003, an event focussed on post-harvest technology which offers arable farmers the only opportunity within Europe to see all the main players with their equipment on show.