METHODS Data Sources The Post-Deployment Health Assessment (PDHA) (Department of Defense [DOD] Form DD2796)  is given to all servicemembers either during in-theater medical out-processing or within 30 d after returning home from deployment.
What does PDHA stand for?
PDHA stands for Post-Deployment Health Assessment
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PDHA
We have 2 other meanings of PDHA in our Acronym Attic
- Probability of Damage given a Hit
- Procuraduria de Derechos Humanos (Spanish)
- Procuraduría de los Derechos Humanos
- Professional Development Hours (continuing education)
- Propane Dehydrogenation
- Pump, Domestic Hot Water
- Plant Data Handling and Display System
- Pennsylvania Dental Hygienists' Association
- Penrith District Hockey Association (now Nepean Hockey Association; Australia)
- Performance Data Historical Archiver (software)
- Preventive Dental Health Association
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase, Beta Polypeptide
- Patient Directed Health Care
- Pictou District Honour Choir (Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Platform Dependent Hardware Controller (Hewlett Packard computer hardware component)
- Pregnancy Decision Health Centers (Columbus, OH)
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Complex (biochemistry)
- Private Duty Home Care Association
- Payload Data Handling Electronics (software)
- Professional Development in Higher Education (Staff and Educational Development Association; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Data from the Post-Deployment Health Assessment, a universal screening instrument for returning service members, show that 25% of those who went on to commit suicide endorsed one of two depression items (hopelessness, loss of interest), 26% endorsed one of four PTSD items (nightmares, avoiding situations/thoughts, constantly on guard, and numb or detached), but only about 2% had reported suicidal thoughts.
There, Sailors complete a Post-Deployment Health Assessment, and six months later they complete a follow-on Post-Deployment Health Re-Assessment, both outlined in Defense Health Assessment guidance.
New information provided in the study will help the Defense Department do a better job of education and referral for treatment when alcohol issues are identified on post-deployment health assessments, he said.
Health care providers at the installations GAO visited where the post-deployment health assessment (PDHA) is conducted manually track whether servicemembers who receive mental health referrals from the PDHA make or complete appointments with mental heath providers.
Overall, 99 percent of Airmen report being in good or better health, based on pre- and post-deployment health assessments," he said.
In addition to expanding MC4 use, Clayson's MC4 team improved system functionality with the fielding of new medical logistics (DCAM) and electronic post-deployment health assessment (ePDHA) capabilities to the war zone.
Before we bring them home we do another post-deployment health assessment.