In the case of the post-Cold War New Peace, the best is simply the huge upsurge in conflict prevention, conflict management, negotiated peacemaking, and post-conflict peace-building activity that has occurred over the last decade and a half -- most of it spearheaded by the much-maligned U.
What does PCPB stand for?
PCPB stands for Post-Conflict Peace-Building
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PCPB
We have 2 other meanings of PCPB in our Acronym Attic
- Process Control Plan Audit (Fiat)
- Protestant Church-owned Publishers Association
- Prompt Charged Particle Activation Analysis
- Public and Cultural Programs Advisory Committee (American Library Association)
- Park City Performing Arts Foundation (Utah)
- Police Commissioners' Policy Advisory Group (Australia)
- Pest Control Products Act and Regulations (Canada)
- PATRIOT Command Post Automation System
- Peninsula Community Planning Board (San Diego, CA)
- Pest Control Products Board (Kenya)
- Prince Charles Pipe Band (San Rafael, CA)
- Provincial Community Police Board (South Africa)
- Pacific Coast Professional Basketball League (Canada; 1946-1948)
- Postgraduate Certificate Programme in Business Management
- Pacific Coast Paper Box Manufacturers Association (California)
- Parents, Children and Personal Computers
- Park Cities Presbyterian Church (Dallas, TX)
- Partit Comunista del Poble de Catalunya
- Path Compatible Pruned Convolutional (coding scheme)
- Patient-Centered Primary Care (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Concerned States and the UN system must work to ensure fullest participation by women, including all actors of civil society in peace processes as well as in post-conflict peace-building activities.
Macedonia's path from conflict prevention to post-conflict peace-building The violent dissolution of Yugoslavia in 1991 bypassed only one of the republics--the Republic of Macedonia.
PEACEKEEPING, PEACEMAKING AND POST-CONFLICT PEACE-BUILDING III.
The participation of African women in conflict prevention, mediation during conflict and post-conflict peace-building as stated in UN SCR 1325 and during constitution drafting.
He discusses issues of political economy not only as they impact Bosnia, but also in the context of post-conflict peace-building generally.
Immediately after taking office in 1992, UN Secretary-General Boutros Boutros-Ghali released his expansive An Agenda far Peace which focused on preventive diplomacy, peacemaking, peacekeeping, and post-conflict peace-building.
In regard to the settlement of conflict, the Commission said: "To achieve sustainable and durable peace, the full and equal participation of women and girls and the integration of gender perspectives in all aspects of conflict prevention, management and conflict resolution and in post-conflict peace-building is essential.