This approval is based on results from a six-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study that demonstrated significant improvement with ABILIFY compared to placebo on the primary efficacy endpoint, Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS) Total Score.
What does PANSS stand for?
PANSS stands for Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (schizophrenia)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PANSS
We have 3 other meanings of PANSS in our Acronym Attic
- Public Archives of Nova Scotia (Canada)
- Procedures for Air Navigation Services, Operations (aviation)
- Performing Arts Network of South Africa
- Polish Air Navigation Services Agency
- Pan South African Language Board
- Petite Amateur Navy Satellite
- Politically Active and Not Seeking Employment
- Public Access Network Sound Engine (streaming audio program)
- Positive and Negative Suicide Ideation (measurement scale)
- Positive and Negative Symptoms Score
- Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale-Depression Subscale
- Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System
- Police Association of New South Wales (Australia)
- Propagation Analysis System
- Propagation Analysis System for Channel Prediction
- Partnership for Animals Needing Transition (est. 2001; Salt Point, NY)
- Physical Activity, Nutrition and Tobacco (school health programs; various locations)
- Probe Antenna
- Proboscoid Ablative Nose Tips (NASA program)
- Precision Attack Navigation and Targeting with Extended Range Acquisition
Samples in periodicals archive:
Efficacy was measured by the Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS) score (primary endpoint), Scale for the Assessment of Negative Symptoms (SANS) and Clinical Global Impression (CGI) rating scale.
7 on the Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS) total score; those who changed because of tolerability problems experienced a -15.
In one study which was a 28-week double-blind, parallel-group trial, 301 patients were randomized to receive 80-160 mg of ziprasidone per day or 5-15 mg of haloperidol per day They were evaluated on the Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS), Clinical Global Impression of Severity of Illness (CGI-S), Global Assessment of Functioning (GAF), and other standard assessment scales.
Although this was a small study with a limited treatment duration, initial signals of antipsychotic effects, as indicated by reductions in Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS) scores, were observed in patients given the two highest tolerated doses (400 mg and 600 mg) of ACP-104.
8) Efficacy was assessed using the Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS), a common measure of the total severity of positive symptoms (psychological disturbances "added" as a result of the disorder, such as hallucinations, delusions, suspiciousness and paranoia) and negative symptoms (normal functioning the patient has "lost," resulting in lack of initiative and loss of normal enjoyment).
Study Highlights -- Patients showed improvement in overall symptom improvement as measured by a significant reduction in the Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS) total score during the study (p less than .
Clear separation on positive and negative symptoms began as early as week 3 and was sustained out to 28 weeks on the Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS) total and subscales.