Ground forces are utilizing Enhanced Position Location Reporting System (EPLRS), Land Warrior (LW), Blue Force Tracker (BFT), and International Forces Tracking System (IFTS) can be digitally networked to aircraft using Situational Awareness Data Link (SADL).
What does PLRS stand for?
PLRS stands for Position Location Reporting System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PLRS
We have 5 other meanings of PLRS in our Acronym Attic
- Persistent Light Reactor Photodermatitis
- Private-Label Reseller Program
- Public Lending Right Program (Canada)
- Pancreatic Lipase-Related Protein 1
- Pancreatic Lipase-Related Protein 2
- Personnel Loss Rate Planning Factors
- Polymorphic Leucine-Rich Repeat (protein)
- Product Liability Risk Retention Act (statute regarding product liability insurance)
- Passive Laser Restraint System (Knight Rider/KITT)
- Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery (medical code)
- Premier League Reading Stars (UK)
- Position Location and Reporting System/Tactical Information Distribution Systems
- Partito Liberale Radicale Ticinese (Italian: Ticinese Radical Liberal Party)
- Past Life Regression Therapy (hypnotherapy)
- Penata Laksana Rumah Tangga (Indonesian: Organized Household Laksana; domestic workers)
- Programming Languages for Real-Time Industrial Applications (conference)
- Potato Leaf Roll Virus
- Periodic Loaded Rectangular Waveguide
- Pocono Lehigh Romance Writers (Pennsylvania)
- Pacific Language School (Tokyo, Japan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With the SNE extended down to the lower echelon radio nets, such as the Wideband Networked Waveform, Soldier Radio Waveform, Enhanced Position Location Reporting System and Single Channel Ground and Airborne Radio System , radios can now "touch" the WIN-T network backbone, increasing the scope of the Army's entire communications network.
The Enhanced Position Location Reporting System Extended Frequency, or EPLRS-XF, radio gives the warfighter high-speed, on-the-move video and data exchange capabilities for a broad range of applications," said Jerry Powlen, vice president, Network Centric Systems' Integrated Communications Systems.
It comes in two variants: one that is based on the ground force's ultra-high frequency radio network--the enhanced position location reporting system, or EPLRS--and one that utilizes a commercial satellite communications network.
Among the innovations on this front is the Enhanced Position Location Reporting System (EPLRS), which provides a communications backbone for situational awareness, command and control, and other digital messaging.
Legend: ADOCS = Automated Deep Operations Coordination System AFATDS = Advanced FA Tactical Data System ASAS-L = Ali-Source Analysis System-Light ATCCS = Army Tactical Command and Control System EPLRS = Enhanced Position Location Reporting System [FBCB.
This modification incorporates the revised HIMARS Maturation Detailed Test Schedule, includes post baseline software support through fiscal year 2002, as required for software maintenance, the layout design, and installation verification of the low cost fire control panel, and requirements analysis for Enhanced Position Location Reporting System and the headless applique.
The successful S2 would know precisely how the systems work (for example, the All-Source Analysis System-Remote Workstation (ASAS-RWS), Enhanced Position Location Reporting System (EPLRS), Applique, etc.