Portal hypertensive gastropathy is seen in patients with portal hypertension who may present with gastric haemorrhage due to dilatation, congestion and proliferation of mucosal blood vessels, most prominent in the proximal stomach.
What does PHG stand for?
PHG stands for Portal Hypertensive Gastropathy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PHG
We have 43 other meanings of PHG in our Acronym Attic
- Port Hope Festival Theatre (Cameco Capital Arts Center; Canada)
- Graduate in Pharmacy
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics (stock symbol)
- Palestinian Hydrology Group
- Peeter Heynsgenootschap (Dutch: Peeter Heyns Society; Netherlands)
- Philadelphia Hardware Group Inc.
- Phoenix, Arizona Greyhound Station (Amtrak station code; Phoenix, AZ)
- Plumbing Heating Gas Services Ltd. (UK)
- Plymouth Housing Group (Seattle, Washington)
- Predicate Hierarchy Graph
- Preferred Health Group (Franklin, TN)
- Preferred Hotel Group (Chicago, IL)
- Public Health Goal
- Punjab Home Guards (India)
- N-Phthalamoyl-L-Glutamic Acid
- Parallel Hybrid Genetic Algorithm
- Peak Horizontal Ground Accelerations (earthquake measurement)
- Portland Highland Games Association (Scottish Highland music; Portland, OR)
- Palos Heights Garden Club (Illinois)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Coverage includes the use of anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents, the use of antibiotics, hemostatic devices, and therapies for peptic ulcer bleeding, esophageal varices, portal hypertensive gastropathy, removal of foreign bodies, benign and malignant esophageal strictures, esophageal obstructions, Barrett's esophagus, cancer, leaks, bleeding, polyps, and other problems.
All cases of esophageal varices and portal hypertensive gastropathy seen on endoscopy were detected on blinded capsule endoscope readings.