However, when the Port Facility Security Officer and the members of Khimji's Sparkle Marine Services and Oman Dry Dock Company reached the ship, they found the captain and crew members engaged in plugging the leak in the hull that was pulling it down deeper into water.
What does PFSO stand for?
PFSO stands for Port Facility Security Officer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PFSO
We have 3 other meanings of PFSO in our Acronym Attic
- Pulse Financial Services Limited (Zambia)
- Purple Flowered, Semi-Leafless
- Police Forensic Science Laboratory Dundee (UK)
- Peptide Finite State Machine (bioinformatics)
- Persatuan Falak Syarie Malaysia (Malay: Astronomy Association of Syariah Malaysia)
- Polska Federacja Sportu Mlodziezowego (Polish: Youth Sports Federation of Poland)
- Peoples' Food Sovereignty Network (policy advocacy organization)
- Polska Federacja Sportu Nieslyszacych (Polish: Polish Deaf Sports Federation; Lublin, Poland)
- Program in Food Safety, Nutrition and Regulatory Affairs (Canadian colleges)
- Parent Faculty Student Organization (various locations)
- Proportionate Fair Share Ordinance (Florida)
- PACTOR Free Signal Protocol
- Pandemonium Free Space Port (later became MindScape BBS)
- Partial File Sharing Protocol
- Partial Foldover of Subplot (factors)
- Partners for Financial Stability Program (Warsaw, Poland)
- Partners for Sustainable Pollination
- Patient and Family Support Program
- PATRIOT Field Surveillance Program
- Pay for Service Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
He added: "It's a fantastic joint effort and the course remains the only port facility security officer course with an internationally recognised qualification.
All Bahraini vessels are complying with the code, which includes having a ship security assessment, ship security officer, a port facility security assessment and a port facility security officer.
It is also up to each government, as noted earlier, to designate port facilities, which will trigger compliance with SOLAS, including the need to appoint a port facility security officer, carry out a port facility security assessment, and develop a port facility security plan.
The card will include a biometric component - a fingerprint template - and a digital photograph that will integrate seamlessly with each operator's access control system and allow port facility security officers to identify all workers granted access to restricted areas.
As an industry, we will work together with port facility security officers to ensure that our cruise itineraries will not be affected due to non-compliance of ports.
Port officials must devise similar plans as well as hire port facility security officers.
Cal Maritime -- which developed the three-day courses for vessel security officers, port facility security officers, and company security officers -- is only the second training organization in the country to be certified by MARAD as meeting the requirements of the Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA) and the International Maritime Organization's (IMO) International Ship and Port Security Code (ISPS).