In contrast, examination of 11 commercial clotting FVIII preparations showed that all of these independent lots contained substantial amounts of PARV4-like parvovirus, whereas the level of porcine parvovirus DNA was generally lower in the corresponding samples (Figure 1).
What does PPV stand for?
PPV stands for Porcine Parvovirus
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PPV
We have 80 other meanings of PPV in our Acronym Attic
- Perturbation Projection Vector
- Pick-Up Passenger Vehicle
- Plum Pox Virus
- Pneumococcal Pneumonia Vaccine
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine
- Point of Peak Velocity
- Points Plus Value (Weight Watchers)
- Police Package Vehicle
- Police Pursuit Vehicle
- Poly (Phenylene Vinylene)
- Positive Predictive Value (parameter of diagnostic examination in medicine)
- Positive Pressure Ventilation
- Post Production Verification (software development)
- Power Price Vector
- Pre Production Verification
- Price Point Variance (financial management)
- Private Passenger Vehicle
- Product Platform Validation (software/hardware)
- Product Price Variance (economics)
- Product/Process Validation Vehicle (General Motors automotive)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] We used PLA to detect 2 different infectious organisms in biological samples, the porcine parvovirus (PPV) and the bacterium Lawsonia intracellularis.
Ligands chosen from PRDT's vast libraries under license from ProMetic have significantly reduced levels of both human and porcine parvovirus from plasma (greater than 4 log).