The details on each are beyond the scope of this article, but the major types include charitable gift annuities (CGAs), charitable remainder annuity trusts (CRATs), charitable remainder unitrusts (CRUTs) and pooled income funds (PIFs).
What does PIF stand for?
PIF stands for Pooled Income Fund
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PIF
We have 197 other meanings of PIF in our Acronym Attic
- Phase Interface Fading
- Physical Integration Filter
- Physics Is Fun (school program)
- Picture Interchange Format
- Pilot Information File
- Place In Inactive File/Folder
- Plan Individuel de Formation (French: Individual Training Plan; various locations)
- Poke-International Forums
- Policies-In-Force (insurance)
- Policy Investment Framework
- Portsmouth Interfaith Forum (UK)
- Preliminary Information Form
- Pressure Injected Footing
- Price Increase Factor
- Private Interest Foundation (legal entity)
- Problem Identification Form (various organizations)
- Process Information Form
- Procurement Information Form (Canada)
- Production Information Form
- Production Integration Facility
Samples in periodicals archive:
These include pooled income funds (where individuals donate remainder interests to charity while retaining an income interest); qualified funeral trusts; electing small business trusts; and charitable remainder trusts.
Under a pooled income fund (PIF) arrangement, private donors to a charitable organization contribute to a pool of donated assets and, in return, receive income payments for the remainder of the grantors' lifetimes.
Gifts that Offer Income for Life--Such gifts may include a charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder trust, charitable lead trust, or pooled income fund.
Cash Annuity Real Estate Other * Annual or * Deferred Charitable * Real Estate * Bank Accounts Year-End Gift Annuity and CD's Gifts * Gifts "In * Flexible Deferred * Retained Life * Retirement Plan Memory of" Charitable Gift Estate Assets Annuity * Gifts "In * Pooled Income Fund * Bargain Sale * Designate AFCF Honor of" through the United Way EIN #91-1932432 * Gifts "In * Charitable * Vacation Lieu of Remainder Unitrust Time-Shares Flowers" (CRUT) * Life * Charitable * Tangible Insurance Remainder Annuity Personal Policies Trust (CRAT) Property * Bequests * Charitable Lead Trust * Securities * Charitable Gift
Fye Society for planned giving, and Nichols was the first donor to the pooled income fund.
There are many other estate planning options available which are beyond the scope of this article, such as charitable remainder trusts, charitable remainder unitrusts, pooled income fund trusts, charitable lead trusts, charitable lead unitrusts, and charitable annuities.
The League has giving programs for a pooled income fund or life income trusts.