This is Cardinal Koch's first visit to New York City in his capacity as the President of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
What does PCPCU stand for?
PCPCU stands for Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of PCPCU in our Acronym Attic
- Philadelphia City Planning Commission
- Point Coded Prohibited Control (ANSI)
- Pridneprovie Cleaner Production Center (Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine)
- Primary Care Pediatrics Curriculum (Yale University; New Haven, CT)
- Progress Career Planning Centre (Scarborough, Canada)
- Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative
- Physical Common Packet Channel
- Provisional Criminal Procedure Code of Kosovo (European Union justice training guidelines)
- Primary Care Physician Case Manager (healthcare industry)
- Portsmouth City Primary Care Trust (UK)
- Pacific Century Premium Developments (Hong Kong)
- Palestinian Centre for Peace and Democracy (Ramallah, Palestine)
- Paradise City Police Department (gaming, police department of the Burnout Paradise)
- Paulding County Police Department (Georgia)
- Peachtree City Police Department (Peachtree City, GA)
- Phase-Coded Pulse Doppler
- Philippine Centre for Population and Development (Manila, Philippines)
- Physical and Chemical Properties Division (US NIST)
- Politically Correct Police Department
- Portable Compact Disk Player
Samples in periodicals archive:
Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, the leader of the world's Anglicans, will meet Pope Benedict XVI on Thursday, following the conversion to Catholicism of five Church of England, told AFP-hosted conference on Christian unity on Wednesday to mark the 50th anniversary of the creation of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Cardinal Ouellet has returned to Rome where the gifted prelate previously taught theology at the Lateran University and served as Secretary of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity.
41) It seems to me that this assessment by the head of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity shows the great seriousness with which the Catholic Church takes the views of her partners, in this case in the wake of some reactions to Dominus Iesus.
Our prayer here must be that, renewed and surprised in this holy place, we may be given the overshadowing strength of the spirit to carry Jesus wherever we go, in the hope that joy will leap from heart to heart in all our Christian encounters," Williams said in his address, during a mass celebrated by his friend Cardinal Walter Kasper, president of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity, who has been scathing about the state of the Anglican church in recent months.
” Cardinal Walter Kasper, president of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity and a top Vatican official who is generally considered to have a more liberal outlook, also said in a separate interview that a Catholic politician holding positions like those of Mr.
Since 1965 that rapprochement has become evident in many ways, but nowhere more so than in the many bilateral dialogues that have emerged between the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity and other Christian families.
This collection of ten recent essays on various matters by the head of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity offers analyses of the dogmatic status of important Vatican and ecumenical documents, a thorough review and evaluation of the filioque controversy, and musings on the impact of postmodern pluralism on church unity.