72]) Heifers were given 100 mg of FSH (Folltropin[R]-V) dissolved in 10 ml of 30% (wt/vol) polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) to form FSHp (Chasombat and Vongpralub, 2011) by a single dose administration 24 h after follicular ablation.
What does PVP stand for?
PVP stands for Polyvinylpyrrolidone
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PVP
We have 122 other meanings of PVP in our Acronym Attic
- Petit Véhicule Protégé (French military vehicle)
- Photo Value Pack (Hewlett Packard)
- Photoselective Vaporization of the Prostate (GreenLight/Laserscope)
- Pipelined Vector Supercomputer
- Planned Value Profile
- Plant Variety Protection
- Player Versus Player (gaming)
- Player Vs Player (web comic)
- Point Visio-Public (virtual administrative office; France)
- Portal Venous Phase
- Portée Visuelle de Piste
- Post-Vasectomy Pain
- Potentially Violent Person
- Precio de Venta al Público (Spanish: Public Price)
- Pressure Vessels and Piping (engineering)
- Principle Voices of Polygamy
- Prix de Vente Public (French: Public Asking Price)
- Process Validation Plan
- Process Verified Program (USDA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Therefore, we firstly synthesized cobalt nanoflowers by using redox reactions in the presence of polyvinylpyrrolidone.
 observed that the release rate of Celecoxib (CX) from polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP), a water-soluble polymer, was significantly increased upon foaming; the time for 100% release was reduced in half.
A low hematocrit suspension of RBC in an isotonic viscous medium (4% polyvinylpyrrolidone 360 solution, MW = 360kDa) is sheared in a Couette system composed of a glass cup and a precisely fitting bob, with a gap of 0.
Schwartz, PVP: A Critical Review of the Kinetics and Toxicology of Polyvinylpyrrolidone (Povidone), Lewis, London (1990).
24) Concurrent medical therapies, such as the use of hyaluronic acid, collagen polyvinylpyrrolidone, and steroids, have been reported in dogs to aid in healing and prevent excessive fibrosis after tracheal resection and anastomosis.
Traditionally, devices such as catheters, balloons, and guidewires have been coated with synthetic hydrophilic coatings (UV-cured polyurethanes, polyvinylpyrrolidone, PVP) that help reduce cellular attachment and blood clotting and, when used for extended periods of time, aid in preventing the immune system from recognizing the device as a foreign body.
With the 1-day Acuvue Moist lens (Johnson & Johnson Vision Care) polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) is embedded into the matrix of the polymer (etafilcon A) to enhance wettability and comfort (termed 'Lacreon technology').