SABIC's Ultem* resin surpassed not only stainless steel but also polyphenylsulfone (PPSU) and polysulfone (PSU).
What does PPSU stand for?
PPSU stands for Polyphenylsulfone
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PPSU
We have 8 other meanings of PPSU in our Acronym Attic
- Portland Parks Swim Team (now Portland Aquatic Club; Oregon)
- PostScript Printer Speed Test
- PostScript Processing Speed Test (printer testing program)
- Pre-Professional Skills Test
- Pro-Poor Sustainable Tourism
- Program in Plasma Science and Technology (Princeton University; Princeton, NJ)
- Philippine Public School Teachers Association
- Pusat Penyelamatan Satwa Tegal Alur (Indonesian: Tegal Alur Wildlife Rescue Centre)
- Patient Positioning Sensor Unit (radiology)
- Personal Printer Spooling Utility
- Professional Porch Sitters Union (est. 1999)
- Propellant and Pressurant Servicing Unit
- Provincial Program Support Unit (Canada)
- Planned Parenthood of the Susquehanna Valley (Pennsylvania)
- Pleural Pressure Support Ventilation (breathing)
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine
- Powers, Pyles, Sutter and Verville (law firm; Washington, DC)
- Professional Photographers of Sacramento Valley (California)
- PAVE PAWS South West
- Professional Pet Sitters Week (Pet Sitters International)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The thermal boiler is made of Radel polyphenylsulfone (PPSU) resin from Solvay Specialty Polymers, which is said to provide long-term hoop stress resistance along with resistance to prolonged exposure to hot chlorinated water.
It bonds to PC, PBT, PPO alloys, PEEK, and polyphenylsulfone, according to Shin-Etsu's Eric Bishop.
The Marietta expansion is said to increase the plant's production capacity for Radel polyphenylsulfone and Radel A polyethersulfone resins by 40%, while the Augusta expansion increases the production capacity of 4,4' dichlorodiphenylsulfone monomer by 15%.
The flowmeters are constructed with a chemically-resistant molded polyphenylsulfone body and high density polypropylene connectors for exceptional durability and long life over a wide range of applications.
The sheet also boasts excellent colorability, improved texture retention, and formability at lower temperatures than polyphenylsulfone sheet.
announced today that it has lowered the minimums and shortened the lead times for custom-colored RADEL(R) R polyphenylsulfone used in orthopedic applications.
Radel R polyphenylsulfone produced by Solvay Advanced Polymers is being used to protect and house a new thermal imaging camera from e2v technologies of Chelmsford, United Kingdom.