METHODS: Fifty-seven patients affected by IP were recruited for the study (53 with polymorphic light eruption and 4 with solar urticaria).
What does PMLE stand for?
PMLE stands for Polymorphic Light Eruption
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PMLE
We have 1 other meaning of PMLE in our Acronym Attic
- Primary Mediastinal Large Cell Lymphoma
- Pelizaeus-Merzbacher-Like Disease
- Princeton Municipal Light Department (Princeon, MA)
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Protein-Methionine Low Diet (nutritional research)
- Psychomotor and Language Delay
- Port, Maritime and Logistics Development Unit (Hong Kong)
- Passive Motion of Lower Extremities (respiratory medicine)
- Poisson Maximum Likelihood Estimate
- Polyhedral Mixture of Linear Experts
- Polymorphous Light Eruption
- Pseudo-Maximum Likelihood Estimator (statistics)
- Pacific Marine Life Foundation (preservation group)
- Pinsent Masons Luther Group (law firm network)
- Primary Multifocal Leptomeningeal Gliomatosis (medical disorder)
- Project Management Leadership Group, Inc. (est. 1990; Atlanta, GA)
- Partito Marxista Leninista Italiano
- Project Manager, Logistics Information Systems (US Army)
- Project Manager Lessons to be Learned
- Permanent Magnet Linear Motor (engineering)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When I first encountered the album's dynamic guitar-laden stormers like Wow Machine and the equally extravagantly monikered Polymorphic Light Eruption I had to agree.
One possibility is a severe form of polymorphic light eruption known as PMLE.
In the short term, he said synthetic melanin may prove useful in preventing photosensitizing diseases such as polymorphic light eruption, in which early studies have been "very encouraging.
LOOKING forward to the balmy summer days may be a pleasure for most of us, but for one in five British people, who suffer from a sun reaction called Polymorphic Light Eruption (PLE),it means months of skin rashes.
The most common reaction to sun is called polymorphic light eruption (PMLE).
Known as polymorphic light eruption (PLE), it produces an itchy, raised red rash hours after exposure.
Long-term effects can make an existing illness worse, trigger rashes from the interaction of common medications and intense light, or even cause unusual diseases (like polymorphic light eruption, or PLE) as well as the photoaging and skin cancers that physicians would expect.