The antimicrobial dressing market includes dressings impregnated with silver, polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB), activated charcoal, and / or iodine to fight bacteria and infections of open wounds.
What does PHMB stand for?
PHMB stands for Polyhexamethylene Biguanide
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Proportional Hazards Model
- Public Health Management
- Public Health Microbiologist
- Public Health Midwife (Sri Lanka)
- Public Housing Manager (certification)
- Pure House Music
- Pakistan Hosiery Manufacturers Association
- Professional Housing Management Association
- Protective Headgear Manufacturers Association
- Public Housing Management Assessment Program
- Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission
- Philadelphia Health Management Corporation (now Public Health Management Corporation; Pennsylvania)
- Pre-Hospital Medical Care
- Preferred Home Mortgage Company (Tampa, FL)
- Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Act (Singapore)
- Providence Hospital and Medical Center (Southfield, MI)
- Pacific Hawaiian Music Distribution (Waipahu, HI)
- Plant Health Management Division (International Institute of Tropical Agriculture; Nigeria)
- Portable Humanitarian Mine Detector (United Kingdom Treasury Capital Modernisation Fund project; produced by QinetiQ)
- Public Health Madison and Dane County (Wisconsin)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A new therapeutic regime was prescribed utilizing a combination of polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) ophthalmic drops one drop per hour, opthalmadine, one drop every two hours, and an oral antifungal tablet itraconazole one tablet per day.
Quattro is a polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) preserved multipurpose solution from Abatron which is safe to use with both lens types.
The product contains four different antivirus components ethanol, benzalkonium chloride, polyoxyethylene alkylamine and polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB), and can remove not only general bacteria and viruses but also noroviruses that cause a fatal food poisoning.
com/biocides Vantocil IB Description: Highly effective preservative based on polyhexamethylene biguanide hydrochloride Applications: Oil-in-water and water-in-oil emulsions, household products, silicone systems, cellulose solutions, and other water based industrial products Use levels: 0.
3% concentration of Polyhexamethylene Biguanide (PHMB), PolyFIT dressings are specifically designed for managing wound exudate and microbial proliferation within the dressing, while maintaining a moist wound environment.
The solution will reportedly use the preservative polyhexamethylene biguanide, which is the same disinfectant used in the recalled product.