The blending of chitosan and gelatin may prove to be advantageous as chitosan and gelatin are natural, biocompatible, and may react to form a polyelectrolyte complex (PEC) via electrostatic interactions between the ammonium (-[NH.
What does PEC stand for?
PEC stands for Polyelectrolyte Complex
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PEC
We have 505 other meanings of PEC in our Acronym Attic
- Plain English Campaign
- Plaintiffs' Executive Committee (litigation)
- Planning and Environment Committee (various locations)
- Plant Equipment Code
- Platform Evaluation Confidence
- Point, Evidence, Comment (writing format)
- Polio Eradication Campaign (various organizations)
- Political Economy Club (various schools)
- Political Equality Club (various locations)
- Politique Energetique Commune (French: Common Energy Policy)
- Polymer Engineering Center
- Polymer Engineering Co., Ltd. (Canada)
- Pondicherry Engineering College (Pondicherry, India)
- Posta Elettronica Certificata (Italian: Certified Electronic Mail)
- Postgraduate Education Committee (various schools)
- Potential Energy Curve
- Potomac Edison Company (Virginia)
- Power Efficiency Corporation (various locations)
- Power Electronics Council
- Pre-Embarkation Check (shipping)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Chitosan, the charged polymer form polyelectrolyte complex with alginate.