[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] Discussion Extramedullary hematopoiesis (EMH) occurs in various disorders and is most commonly seen in sickle cell anemia, thalassemia, hereditary spherocytosis, polycythemia rubra vera, and especially in myelofibrosis.
What does PRV stand for?
PRV stands for Polycythemia Rubra Vera
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PRV
We have 54 other meanings of PRV in our Acronym Attic
- Peugeot Renault Volvo (joint engine design/manufacturing)
- Phenomena Research Victoria (Australia)
- Pipe Rupture Valve
- Planning Organ-at-Risk Volume (oncology)
- Plant Replacement Value
- Plate-forme de Realite Virtuelle
- Platte River Valley
- Pokemon: Red Version (game)
- Pokemon: Ruby Version (game)
- Poly Reinforced Vinyl
- Polyester Renforcé de Fibre de Verre (French: Reinforced Polyester Fiberglass)
- Post Residual Volume (urology)
- Power Roof Ventilator
- Powered Room Ventilator
- Pressure Reducing Valve
- Pressure Regulating/Regulator Valve
- Pressure Relief Valve
- Priority Review Voucher
- Production Representative Vehicle (US Army)
- Programu Rozvoje Venkova (Czech: Rural Development Programme)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cloning of PRV-1, a novel member of the uPAR receptor superfamily, which is overexpressed in polycythemia rubra vera.
Increased red blood cell volume is associated with a disease known as Polycythemia rubra vera, which is diagnosed by relying on various blood and other test results.