Abstract Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) affects thousands of women in the US and is a common cause of infertility.
What does PCOS stand for?
PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PCOS
We have 16 other meanings of PCOS in our Acronym Attic
- Pressure Compensator Override (motors)
- Profit Commission on Renewal
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (Washington, DC)
- Pennsylvania Counties Risk Pool (insurance; est. 1987)
- Plains CO2 Reduction Partnership
- Portland Church of Religious Science (Oregon)
- Program in Cancer Outcomes Research Training (National Cancer Institute)
- Park Cities Obedience School (Dallas, TX)
- Partial Coronary Obstructive Syndrome
- Personal Computer Operating System (Olivetti PC)
- Precinct Count Optical Scan (hardware)
- Presbyterian Church of Sudan
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Association Inc
- Petronas Carigali Overseas Sdn. Bhd.
- Petro-Canada Olympic Scholarship Fund (est. 1988)
- Petro Canada Oil Sands Incorporated
- Point and Click Operator System Interface (military software)
- Per Capita Own-Source Revenue
- State Key Lab of Physical Chemistry of Solid Surfaces (Xiamen University; China)
- Public Communication of Science and Technology (North Carolina State University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
95 Paperback RG480 Boss, health education director of The Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Association, Sterling, a health education specialist and consultant, and Goldstein, a reproductive endocrinologist and OB/GYN, provide an overview of polycystic ovary syndrome, its causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.
One in 10 women have polycystic ovarian syndrome and irregular periods, acne, excess body hair and weight gain are all clues to the condition.
com, due to various conditions of Austin's, such as fibromyalgia and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
A SENIOR lecturer at Coventry University has won a grant to find out how best to help women with polycystic ovarian syndrome.
The Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Association offers support, awareness and education for women and girls with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which currently affects up to 15 million women in the United States alone.
Metabolic Syndrome is designed to be a forum for the examination of the pathophysiology, recognition and treatment of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome, including obesity, endothelial dysfunction, insulin resistance, diabetes, glucose intolerance, hypertension, cardiovascular disease and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
What is polycystic ovarian syndrome and what can be done about it?