I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian disease nearly 10 years ago, and have been taking oral contraceptives for its treatment, as well as for the purpose of birth control.
What does PCOD stand for?
PCOD stands for Polycystic Ovarian Disease
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PCOD
We have 7 other meanings of PCOD in our Acronym Attic
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (boating safety; Canada)
- Potential Chemical of Concern
- President's Commission on Organized Crime (est. 1983)
- Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting
- Professional Certificate in Organizational Change and Development (Hawaii)
- 7-Propoxycoumarin O-Depropylase (biochemistry)
- Parlimentary Committe on Defense (Sweden)
- Particulate Chemical Oxygen Demand (waste water treatment)
- Per Capita Oil Demand
- Plant Commercial Operation Date
- Probable Cause of Death (mortality)
- Project Commercial Operation Date
- Program Comprehension Through Dynamic Analysis (workshop)
- Partido Comunista Obrero Español (Spanish: Spanish Communist Workers' Party; est. 1973)
- Partner Center of Expertise (various locations)
- Placer County Office of Education (Auburn, CA)
- Port of Entry
- Prevention Center of Excellence
- Procurement Centre of Expertise (UK)
- Project Center of Excellence
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first generation of rats had prostate disease, polycystic ovarian disease and fewer ovarian follicles, the structures that contain eggs.
Three generations were affected, showing fewer ovarian follicles-the source of eggs-and increased polycystic ovarian disease.
Study of the mucus cycle has also led to improvement in the treatment of stress, and the correct use of progesterone treatment of pre-menstrual syndrome, postpartum depression, recurrent ovarian cysts, and polycystic ovarian disease.
Enhanced disparity of gonadotropin secretion by estrone in women with polycystic ovarian disease.
Although it's primarily a diagnostic procedure, TVL can be used to perform adhesiolysis, treat mild to moderate endometriosis, and drill ovaries in patients with polycystic ovarian disease.
Importance of echographic and endocrine monitoring for the assessment of ovulation by follicle stimulating hormone in polycystic ovarian disease.
The risk factors include cardiovascular disease, a family history of diabetes, overweight, a sedentary lifestyle, impaired glucose tolerance or impaired fasting glucose, hypertension, high triglyceride levels or low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, and, in women, a history of gestational diabetes, birth of a baby weighing 9 pounds, or polycystic ovarian disease.