The most common form of this condition is called autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD), a condition passed on to children from one parent affected with the disease that is found in 600,000 people in the United States alone.
What does PCKD stand for?
PCKD stands for Polycystic Kidney Disease
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of PCKD in our Acronym Attic
- Previous Course Knowledge
- Programmable Control Keyboard (various companies)
- Purple City Kings (various organizations)
- Phosphoenolpyruvate Carboxykinase 1
- PC Krause and Associates (West Lafayette, IN)
- Pierce County Kitefliers Association (Puyallup, WA)
- Podkarpackie Centrum Ksztalcenia Biznesu (Poland)
- Pot Calling the Kettle Black
- Primary Chick Kidney Cell
- Providence County Kennel Club
- Partially-Conditioned Kalman Filter
- Polskie Centrum kas Fiskalnych (Polish: Polish Center for Fiscal Cash Registers)
- Public Commander Keen Forum
- Pacific Coast Katahdin Hair Sheep Association (Sacramento, California)
- Perdana Citra Komputer Indonesia
- Pittsburgh Central Keystone Innovation Zone
- Polskie Centrum Ksztalcenia Lotniczego (Polish: Polish Center of Aviation Training; Skuly, Poland)
- Precedence Constrained Knapsack Problem (algorithm)
- PUSPANITA Cawangan Kementerian Penerangan (Malaysian government ministry)
- Presbyterian Church of Kennett Square (Kennett Square, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Author(s): Martin Aguilar, MD , Sarkis Meterissian, MD, MSc, FRCSC , Sebastien Levesque, MD, PhD, FRCPC , Sero Andonian, MD, MSc, FRCSC  Introduction Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) is the most common inherited disorder of the kidney and the third most common cause of end-stage renal disease (ESRD).
In that role, he has directed the transformation of the organization from a small, regional effort into the leading voice for the millions of people affected by Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) worldwide.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) Foundation announced they have jointly launched two treatment trials for autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD), a common inherited disorder characterized by cysts in the kidneys and other organs, high blood pressure, and aneurysms in the brain.
Several years ago, I was diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease (an inherited disease that eventually causes kidney failure).
They then discovered that he was suffering from the early stages of polycystic kidney disease - and told us that the cerebral bleed was a rare symptom of that.
The cold, hard facts are that most kids with infantile polycystic kidney disease don't survive childbirth, so in that sense, Nico has been lucky.
Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease is an inherited disease that is most often the result of a mutation in a gene known as PKD1.