There have been concerns about polycyclic aromatic compounds (PAC)--some of which are carcinogenic--in the Athabasca River system for some time.
What does PAC stand for?
PAC stands for Polycyclic Aromatic Compound
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PAC
We have 1063 other meanings of PAC in our Acronym Attic
- Política Agraria Común (Spanish: Common Agricultural Policy)
- Política Agrícola Comum (Portuguese: Common Agricultural Policy / European Commission, aka: CAP)
- Politica Agricola Comune (Italian: Common Agricultural Policy / European Commission, aka: CAP)
- Political Action Commission
- Political Action Committee
- Politique Agricole Commune (French: Common Agricultural Policy / European Commission, aka: CAP)
- Pollution Abatement and Control (various organizations)
- Poly Anionic Cellulose (drilling fluids)
- Poly-Aluminum Chloride (coagulant)
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon
- Pompe à Chaleur (French: Heat Pump)
- Portable Air Cleaner (various companies)
- Portable Air Conditioner
- Portable Altitude Chamber (safety equipment)
- Portal Administration Console
- Porting Authorisation Code (telecommunications)
- Portland Aquatic Club (Oregon)
- Portland Art Center (Portland, OR)
- Post Abortion Care
Samples in periodicals archive:
Multiple suspects exist among a group of oil components called polycyclic aromatic compounds, which show up in affected embryos but hover elusively around current thresholds for detection, Incardona says.
Most studies on the health effects of polycyclic aromatic compounds (PAHs) have considered only the presence of these chemicals in the particle phase, but the contribution of PAHs in the gas phase has largely been ignored.
Other compounds added by the EPA are polycyclic aromatic compounds (PACs) that are found in fossil fuels.
He has published more than 200 research papers in scientific journals and currently serves on the editorial advisory boards for Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds and The Journal of Organic Chemistry.
Despite their high solvency power, the company's oils contain low levels of polycyclic aromatic compounds and sulfur, while providing highly consistent quality, according to the literature.
20th International Symposium on Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds (ISPAC 20), Toronto.
Tires will be checked with method ISO 21461, which utilizes NMR and measures bay area protons in polycyclic aromatic compounds (PCA).