3) A number of studies have concerned inner ear involvement in autoimmune diseases such as Wegener granulomatosis, polyarteritis nodosa, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, and Sjogren syndrome, among others.
What does PAN stand for?
PAN stands for Polyarteritis Nodosa (blood vessel disease)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PAN
We have 282 other meanings of PAN in our Acronym Attic
- Phénomènes Aérospatiaux Non Identifiés
- Philippine Association of Nutrition
- Piedmont Angel Network (investing; Winstom-Salem, NC)
- Planetary Area Network
- Planning Advice Note (UK)
- Plant-Available Nitrogen
- Poker Ad Network
- Polska Akademia Nauk (Polish Science Academy)
- Presence Across Nation (India)
- Primary Account Number
- Primary Afferent Neuron
- Pro-Apollo Nutter
- Processing Area Network
- Production Acceptance Notice
- Producto Alimenticio Nacional (Spanish: National Foodstuffs; corn flour made in Venezuela)
- Programa Ambiental Nacional (Spanish: National Environmental Program)
- Programmed Assigned Number
- Progressive Action Network (Washington, DC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
EULAR/PRINTO/PRES criteria for Henoch-Schonlein purpura, childhood polyarteritis nodosa, childhood Wegener granulomatosis and childhood Takayasu arteritis: Ankara 2008.
Vasculitis may also be associated with other systemic vasculitides such as systemic lupus erythematosis and polyarteritis nodosa (Figure 23).
Other rheumatological manifestations associated with HIV infection * Muscle diseases - rhabdomyolysis, zidovudine myopathy, polymyositis, dermatomyositis, pyomyositis, nemaline rod myopathy * Bone - osteoporosis, osteomalacia, osteomyelitis * Vasculitis - polyarteritis nodosa, Henoch-Schonlein purpura, large-vessel vasculitis * Diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis syndrome (DILS) * Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome - rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus ery-thematosus, sarcoidosis * Auto-antibodies - antinuclear factor, antiphospholipid antibodies, antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA), anti-CCP antibodies, rheumatoid factor The diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis (DILS) is characterised by bilateral enlargement of the parotid, submandibular and lacrimal glands.
He has developed effective therapies for formerly fatal inflammatory and immune-mediated diseases such as polyarteritis nodosa, Wegener's granulomatosis, and lymphomatoid granulomatosis.
On further review they were diagnosed with polyarteritis nodosa like vasculitis and small vessel vasculitis respectively with good therapeutic response on appropriate treatment.
Naisby, MD , Alaiyi Fred West, MD  Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is an uncommon systemic vasculitis characterized by necrotizing inflammation of small- or medium-sized arteries.
2010 Abstract Cutaneus polyarteritis nodosa is a variant of polyarteritis nodosa (PAN), without visceral involvement and with a more favourable prognosis.