Stool samples taken on days 5 and 9 were positive for enterovirus, which was subsequently characterized as poliovirus type 3.
What does PV3 stand for?
PV3 stands for Poliovirus Type 3
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PV3
- Plasma Volume per Body Surface Area
- Performance Value / Business Volume (Amway)
- Portal Vein or Superior Mesenteric Vein
- Plasma Volume to Interstitial Fluid Volume
- Poliovirus Type 1
- Private E-1 (Army rank)
- Private E1 & E2
- Poliovirus Type Two
- Private Second Class (1 stripe)
- Pigment Violet 3
- PatchView for the Enterprise (software)
- Pioneer Valley 8 (Westfield, MA; North American Family Campers Association)
- Pain Visual Analog
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Park Village Apartments (Dallas, TX)
- Partitioned Viterbi Algorithm
- Passenger Vessel Association (trade organization)
- Passionnés de Véhicules Anciens (French: Passion for Vintage Vehicles; automobile association)
- Patient Visit Average (chiropractic patient calculation)
- Patterned Vertical Alignment (Samsung)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pakistan is affected by nationwide transmission of WPV1, and is the location of the only wild poliovirus type 3 (WPV3) case in Asia in 2011 (a strain on the verge of elimination on the continent)," the WHO said in a statement.
A global alert issued in July said the northern states of Nigeria have experienced a large polio outbreak in 2009 due to wild poliovirus type 3, with about 260 cases.