Extracts of stool specimens were treated with chloroform and cultured on human rhabdomyosarcoma cell line, used for enterovirus isolation, and mouse L cells expressing the human poliovirus receptor, used specifically for poliovirus isolation (8).
What does PVR stand for?
PVR stands for Poliovirus Receptor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PVR
We have 108 other meanings of PVR in our Acronym Attic
- Per Vehicle Retail
- Perception Video Recorder
- Peripheral Vascular Resistance (biology)
- Personal Video Recorder
- Photovoltaic Radiator
- Physical Volume Repository
- Plant Variety Rights (UK)
- Player Value Rating (sports; fantasy football)
- Pleasure Valley Raceway (motocross, Pennsylvania)
- Pocket Video Recorder
Samples in periodicals archive:
Morrow and his colleagues used mice genetically engineered to produce the same poliovirus receptor molecule found in people.
Interaction of the poliovirus receptor with poliovirus.