Police tactical units were on the scene, along with officers from multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
What does PTU stand for?
PTU stands for Police Tactical Unit (Hong Kong)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PTU
We have 47 other meanings of PTU in our Acronym Attic
- Public TeleTeX Access Unit
- Proof That the Youth Are Revolting (band)
- Pan Tilt Unit
- Paper Tape Unit
- Parallel Transfer Unit
- Paroxysmal Tonic Upgaze (neuro-ophthalmological syndrome)
- Participación de los Trabajadores en las Utilidades (Spanish: Employee Participation in Earnings)
- Participating Test Unit
- Périmètre de Transport Urbain (French: Urban Transportation Perimeter)
- Physical Training Uniform
- Polskie Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeñ (Polish Value Added Tax)
- Port Transducer Unit
- Portable Terminal Unit
- Portable Test Unit
- Power Transfer Unit (aircraft hydraulic backup system)
- Prise de Terrain en U (aeronautics)
- Process Technology Utilization
- Propylene Thiourea (chemical)
- Providence Teachers Union
Samples in periodicals archive:
The newest product to be launched is the Chirange Incident Commander, an Android tablet cloud based application which has been specifically designed from the ground up for Fire & Rescue and Police tactical units.
The gunmen attempted to ambush responding police tactical units and were caught in the attempt.
The hoax threats - which were allegedly made to win a bet - tied up resources after officials deployed bomb squads, special police tactical units and other patrols.
Reinforcements from the Correctional Services Department and police tactical units were called in to restore order.
Today, the LAPD SWAT Team is known worldwide as one of the foremost police tactical units in contemporary law enforcement.
The police tactical unit and negotiations team worked for three hours trying to get Mr.
Membrino drew an extensive response from Westminster police and a state police tactical unit.